Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stolen fruit



Gathered these on the way home from a long run at the Silver Lake Reservoir.  I am always amazed at the abundance of citrus in California.  It seems every where you turn there is some sort of citrus tree.  The sad thing is, they are always FULL of ripe fruits.  That's sad?  It is when you consider that this means no one is eating them...  How can you have this beautiful, fruit bearing tree in your own backyard and let 90% of it fall and rot on the ground???  If I was lucky enough (WHEN I am lucky enough) to have these trees, I would definitely be a raw 80-10-10 vegan (80% of diet is fruit!)
I can't wait to one day have a huge back yard with oranges, lemons, kumquats, avocado, berries, dates, basically anything and everything, I will plant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment