Monday, February 27, 2012

Flore Vegan






Went to Flore Vegan off Sunset Blvd in Silverlake the other day for an amazing brunch with my sister.  She got the cranberry walnut french toast and I got "chicken & waffles" and we both got crappy cups of coffee, which alone were terrible, but somehow with the food, it all came together and was perfect.

The french toast was not traditional french toast.  It is made with a batter, instead of bread slices, a lot like thick pancakes but with the traditional french toast taste.  INSIDE were the walnuts!  Genius.  I'm going to have to try and recreate these one day, the idea is so simple, yet I've never heard of it.  I love that they served it with kale.  Usually, no one eats the garnish but together the flavors were perfect.  Also came with some tempeh bacon :)

The "chicken & waffles"... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.  Somehow this is the most amazing combination.  The waffles alone would be mediocre but topped with a big chunk of savory vegan chicken, potatoes, the best gravy ever (and I mean best), whipped butter and maple syrup, this has got to be one of my all time favorites.  The plates of food were bigger than our heads at a price that is easily affordable.  We took half home and it was so hard not to eat it right away, but I resisted and it was an amazing mid-day snack.  




No comments:

Post a Comment